“I was able to become more up-to-date on some of the latest thinking around board reporting, and how boards are functioning.” ~ Paul Adams, Managing Director, Dental Directory
On 5th July, we took the Governance Grand Tour outside of the UK for the very first time. We were excited to host the event in the city of Dublin, in the beautiful Georgian building of the Merrion hotel.
Attendees were provided with hands-on training on a variety of topics, including:
- Strategies for writing short, focussed reports;
- Designing agendas that focus on what matters to your board;
- ‘Hygiene’ factors for the Company Secretary;
- Streamlining Secretariat operations with technology;
- Real-life uses of the blockchain;
- Effective processes for the board meeting cycle;
- Managing whistleblowing as an integral part of risk management processes.
What Attendees Thought
For the third time in a row, attendees ranked the event extremely positively, with an overall 4.8 stars out of 5. Amongst various comments, feedback notably emphasised the practicality of the topics, and how they helped secretariat teams spot and fix inefficiencies.
Thanks again to everyone who attended the day for their engagement during the sessions. We hope you had as much a blast as we did.
“Really enjoyed the day. It helped reinforce what’s required in the role of the Company Secretary.” ~ Lisa Whelan, Company Secretary, AXA Insurance
Join the Tour
There’s still a chance for you to attend, as the Governance Grand Tour will be visiting additional locations in the UK over the coming months. Our next stops will be Edinburgh on 13th September and Bristol on 11th October — you’ll find the complete schedule for the rest of 2018 by clicking the button below.
Click here to join the Grand Tour.