“It works really well for us and I have no hesitation in recommending it to other people.” ~ Jocelyn Stuart-Grumbar, Chief Executive and Clerk
As a livery company with a large charitable dimension, Clothworkers’ strives to form partnerships that are relevant and impactful, and set what it does in a broad historical context. This requires a lot of documentation and a necessary audit trail — potentially creating a great deal of paper. This presents multiple challenges which have led Clothworkers’ in the direction of a more comprehensive digital solution:
- Archiving and retrieving data: the previous semi-digital system prohibited the ability to search archived information quickly and easily
- Environmental perspective: spewing out paper packs is wasteful and an environmental strain
- Security: it is poor practice to have documents accumulating in homes and offices (you don’t know whose hands they might fall into and how they’re disposed of)
Clothworkers searched the market for a solution; Board Intelligence commended itself with their:
- Focus on understanding Clothworkers’ needs and working with them to deliver a solution
- Engagement with the broad range of generations and digital ability of the company, through provision of a practical and intuitive system that wasn’t unnecessarily rich in functionality
- Offer of an extended trial period, which proved invaluable to the process, allowing users to build confidence and feel able to make the decision to commit to using the solution
- Availability of the 24/7 Support Team — which although rarely required, reassures users, knowing that help is always available
“Board Intelligence’s whole essence or ethos as a business is very customer led, and I think there is plenty of evidence to support that.” ~ Jocelyn Stuart-Grumbar, Chief Executive and Clerk
The portal has psychologically provided ‘a shot in the arm’; company members have enjoyed being able to pick up their iPads, wherever they may be, and prepare for meetings on the go. It has also made for a different approach to the preparation of documents; definitions of committees have been tightened, ensuring papers really meet their remit.
“The ability to achieve a quasi-scribbling function, I think is really useful for people who like to operate in that way. The way it rolls up all your notes, and they become searchable, is really useful.” ~ Jocelyn Stuart-Grumbar, Chief Executive and Clerk
Clothworkers’ have searchable bookshelves of previous committees’ minutes, allowing members quickly and easily to view the record on matters discussed, potentially, years ago.
“In terms of archiving and retrieval, it’s a very valuable tool. Over time I think we will create a really valuable digital archive.” ~ Jocelyn Stuart-Grumbar, Chief Executive and Clerk
Board Intelligence’s market leading security ensures that Clothworkers’ data is as secure as possible.
“I am as reassured as I can be that Board Intelligence provides the encryption and data security that we need.” ~ Jocelyn Stuart-Grumbar, Chief Executive and Clerk
If you would like to know more about Write, Read, or Manage and how they can help your organisation, book a demo. Once you have filled out the form, we will be in touch to arrange a convenient time for you.