We host a variety of roundtables and training workshops on topical governance issues and board effectiveness, and are frequently invited to speak at external events. So get out your diaries and read on to find out what's coming up this June...
For more information on any of our events or speakers, please contact Esther.
SMR: What’s Next? Workshop: 8th June
Following our successful webinar, ‘SMR: Have You Done Enough?’, our Market Director Niamh Corbett is delighted to be hosting a follow-up breakfast workshop which will look at how Company Secretaries can train, embed and audit best practice board reporting under SMR. She will look at:
- Educating report authors on how to write effective papers under SMR
- Ensuring report authors have a clear brief from the Executive Sponsor
Sign up now for 'SMR: What's Next?'. Places are limited and given on a first-come-first-served basis.
This workshop qualifies for 1 ICSA CPD point.
Report Writing Training Workshop: 13th June
Our Report Writing Training Workshop on 13th June will be an interactive, two-hour session to learn how to prepare short, strategic papers that give your board the insight they need without drowning them in information.
Spaces are limited for this workshop so make sure you book now to secure a place for the special rate of £350 ex VAT.
This workshop qualifies for 2 ICSA CPD points.
SMR: Have You Done Enough? Webinar: 15th June
A year ago, the Senior Managers Regime placed an even greater focus on the already hot topic of regulation in the boardroom. Today, this focus means board papers are under more scrutiny than ever before.
Join us for a free webinar on the 15th June where we will look at the most common boardroom challenges and reveal what best practice board papers look like.
Reimagining Board Reporting: 22nd June
Most companies automate at least one step of their board reporting by using a board portal to compile and distribute packs. But the complete reporting process doesn’t begin or stop here, and neither should its digitalisation.
Join our Reimagining Board Reporting breakfast to learn how leading Company Secretary teams implement technology to streamline operations from agenda planning to collating papers, hear new research on the challenges and costs associated with board reporting and how you could save £50,000-£500,000 by implementing some simple but material changes.
Places are limited to 10 attendees per session so please be sure to register early.
Think Tank Dinner: 28th June
We launched our Think Tank – The Board is Dead. Long Live the Board – three years ago to challenge the fundamentals and stimulate fresh thinking around how boards operate. We have so far convened over 600 chairmen, CEOs and non-execs to share their thoughts on the question: If you could rip up the rule book, what would good governance look like?
Because of the popularity of our Think Tank events, spaces are extremely limited. However, if you would like to contribute to the debate, please contact us to request an invitation.
You will also find us at…
We will be attending the following events this month, do catch us if you are there:
- Thomson Reuters Company Secretaries Series: Forum for Unlisted Companies, 6th June
- Frank Bold Corporate Governance and Reporting Event, 7th June
- CBI General Election 2017 Breakfast, 8th June
- Lintstock Charity Casino Night, 8th June
- IoD Event: The Enterprising Women Summit 2017, 16th June
- ICAEW Corporate Governance Launch: Rebuilding Trust in Business, 20th June
- Generate 2017: Thomson Reuters Legal UKI’s Inaugural Customer Summit, 20th June
- Tomorrow’s Company Public Launch: NEDs – From Conformity To Variation, 26th June
- Public Sector Show, 27th June
- Practical Law: GC Leadership Summit 2017, 29th June